1. Who are you, what do you do and where do you do it?
i am David Morris and I am on a train back to London after a brief trip down to Cornwall to play a show and see my family. Amost a holiday, but not quite.. I am doing this interview on my phone and looking out of the window at the countryside that is passing by. It is very nice!…
2. Describe your sound in 12 words!
umppah umpah umpah umpah fissssss umpah clack umpah clack fissssssss plink plonk..
3. Which musician/music act did most significantly influence your music taste?
Oh gosh, where do i start? Within music as a whole? Then early things like Queen, Guns and Roses, Metallica. Onto Early 80’s electro / freestyle/ The Prodigy / Chemical Brothers.. via Electro Clash, Stephan Bodzin, Baltimore Club, Black Metal, White Metal, Death Metal, Minimalists, repetitionists, Wu Tang Clan.. Power Ballads, Soft Rock. Medieval baroque vibezz it goes on for days..
4. Blue pill or red pill?
A bottle of Water.
5. Which are your superpowers?
Long hair.. Strong legs.. Ability to sleep.
6. Which song should have been on every CD recorded for the loved one?
‘Sealed with a kiss’
7. Who is DJ Umek?
Umek is a very popular dj / producer from Slovenia!.. Looking in my
“box” I have two tracks by him. ‘Anxious on Demand’ and ‘Carbon Occasions’..
8. Why do they put round pizza in a square box?
I would assume it is a lot easier and cheaper to manufacture a square box!
9. What do you do, when you are not occupied with music?
Worry about not doing enough towards my music career. Or making myself think I am having a massive creative crisis..
10. Who is your favourite Game Over member?
I have no idea! This is going to make the people who hate me for calling myself “8-Bit” hate me even more, right?
11. Current top 4 for the dancefloor and top 3 for the car?
Paul Nazca – Umynoem
Alan Fitzpatrick – Blix
Boys Noise – Adonis
Boddika – Acid Jackson
Rainbow – I surrender
Toto – Africa
Loudon Wainright III – Swimming Song
12. Last pearls of wisdom?
My other half showed me a video the other day.. The general idea of it being that If someone asks you to do something and it doesn’t make you go “Hell Yeah” and immediately want to do it , then say just say “No” and save you energy for something you really want to do…