Moulinex is the sweetest thing Valerie sound has to offer: synth heavy disco groove with morbidly obese bass-lines and a speck of ill-disciplined distortion. In words of our favourite pillock-man Matt Waites of Nightmoves: “the good stuff”. This Friday at Nered in Klub K4 with support of yours truly.
1. Who are you, what do you do and where do you do it?
Hi, I’m Luis, and i make music that reminds me of sunnier, hotter places, in a dark studio in Munich.
2. Describe your sound in 12 words!
3. Which musician/music act did most significantly influence your music taste?
Too many to name them all. But a few electronic acts like Air, Boards of Canada, Daft Punk or even Amon Tobin turned me to electronic music. Among other genres, I draw much inspiration from the likes of Stevie Wonder.
4. Blue pill or red pill?
5. Which are your superpowers?
I make language association jokes really, really fast.
6. Which song should have been on every CD recorded for the loved one?
Stevie Wonder’s ‘Golden Lady’
7. Who is DJ Umek?
I honestly never heard his music, but someone told me his tech rider is ridiculous.
8. Why do they put round pizza in a square box?
Because otherwise it would fall if you laid it on top of a guitar amp.
9. What do you do, when you are not occupied with music?
Web development in an astronomical organization. You know, not Tarot, but Telescopes.
10. Who is your favourite Game Over member?
I don’t know who Game Over is / are.
11. Current top 4 for the dancefloor and top 3 for the car?
1. Den Haan – Release The Beast
2. Crazy P – Caught Up (Still Going mix)
3. Azari and III – Hungry for the Power
4. Pete Herbert – Yo Drums
Car (if i had one)
1. Yacht – See Mystery Lights (album)
2. Washed Out – Belong
3. Joakim – Milky Ways (album)
12. Last pearls of wisdom?